A Million Little Fibres (Mark II): CSS, Blogger Templates and Internet Explorer 6

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

CSS, Blogger Templates and Internet Explorer 6

Just lately this blog has been looking a bit odd in IE. Although I would implore IE users to use Firefox because its vastly superior and one of the best things I've ever downloaded, about 60% of this and my previous sites visitors use IE and would have seen the right sidebar at the bottom of the page.

To cut a long and tedious story short this is due to IE being rather crap at understanding CSS. In my case this little bit of code in the template sorted the whole visually unappealing mess out so my blog looks the same in IE as it does on Firefox:

In the content part of the stylesheet/template add the command highlighted in red. Save your template and republish. It effectively stops lines of text in the content/main/sidebar spilling over out of their boxes and pushing stuff like the sidebar down.

#content {
width:660px;
margin:0 auto;
padding:0;
text-align:left;
word-wrap:break-word;
}
#main {
width:410px;
float:left;
or here
}
#sidebar {
width:220px;
float:right;
or here
}

Of course, this solution might not solve the problem, somthing else in your posts or template is at fault, but its worth a try.

BTW any body mistyping http://www.wherehasalltheraingone.blogpsot.com into their browser will find this wondeful site...

3 Comments:

Blogger werewrwe said...

hello there!


my name is Denis and i've been blogging on Blogspot.com since a year ago. I've alwasy wanted to create a fixed background like yours for my blog, something like when you scroll down the page the background image still stays at its exact position. I've tried to custumize my page but just couldn't get it done. I wonder if it is CSS? Or is it HTML? I'm not an expert in these CSS or HTML things, and I'd really appreciate it if you could show me how you did it in this page.

Thanks a million!!

-Denis T-
denis.tu@gmail.com

18 May, 2007  
Blogger CodingFather said...

There are literally hundreds of video tutorials over the internet with all kind of stuff. About CSS you can also find on http://codervods.com (this was the first link that came into my mind).

02 July, 2008  
Blogger CodingFather said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

02 July, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home